BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Song of the Week!

Random Quote

"Heard melodies are sweet , but those unheard are sweeter."
John Keats

Friday, March 26, 2010

Some Songs That Trigger My Imagination

You know how some songs make you happy and some songs make you sad? Some trigger some dark corners in your mind where you were holding back memories of something, others remind you of people or significant moments in your life. I feel deeply connected to music because I can express myself with it in a way that might seem clear but can also have some obscure meaning to it. I know this is a really random post but I just felt like posting something about feeling, seeing how my blog is called feeldatbeat.
When there are those terrible moments in which I feel sad or lonely some songs come to my mind like:
Like a Stone by Audioslave
Swim by Jacks Mannequin
Loser by 3 Doors Down
Its like instinctive I put any of these three songs and am completely in tune with what the lyrics say or what they rhythm makes me feel. They all have that tone that matches the mood somehow in a weird way. Its not that I am a depressed person that sits around just crying her heart out over songs, no I have a life.
Then there are those moments when there is just too much time to be in my own head. I live in Colombia in the capital but I live in the suburbs. Its a small town 45 minutes away from my school so the bus rides can be long. In those 45 minutes of interior searching many thoughts come up in my mind. If its a thought about letting go of an argument and just getting over any kind of problems I had, I tend to lean toward the alternative rock side. Dome songs in my alternative rock side are:
Girls Not Grey by AFI
Let Me Rest In Peace by James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Musical Episode)
Dream On by Aerosmith
Its My Life by Bon Jovi
Painting Flowers by All Time Low
Aren't these total warrior songs or what? Seriously if you are having trouble with something or someone and want to get over it just listen to one of these songs. They truly do help surpass challenges.
In the bus, when I am truly happy, I like to listen to songs that are more upbeat. This part varies alot depending on the newest song I have listened to and caught my attention. Sometimes it could be rap, others reggaeton, and sometimes just normal upbeat songs.
Mi Alma Se Muere (Remix) by Fuego ft Pitbull and Omega
Ridin Solo by Jason Derulo
Press It Up by Sean Paul
Lo Que No Sabes Tu by Chino y Nacho
El Ritmo No Perdona by Daddy Yankee
These are just some of the songs that are like happy pills, they instantly brighten my day somehow.
Its part of human nature to day dream right? Well that's another thing that happens in these annoyingly long bus rides. I day dream about alot of things but well there is certain things that are always on my mind and these songs help enhance the day dream with back round music:
Te Quiero de Verdad by J Balvin
Say When by The Fray
I Must be Dreaming by The Maine
Bodies by Robin Williams
Tear Drops on My Guitar by Taylor Swift
Today Was A Fairytale by Taylor Swift
I know this was a totally random post but oh well. I just felt like highlighting how I truly do believe in the power of music and how it helps us express ourselves somehow. Ill make a playlist of these songs so you get a feel for them. Enjoy!

0 comments: